Abbey Veterinary Centre
Whether you are a new graduate or a more experienced veterinary surgeon, our practice, within easy reach of both the coast and the Lincolnshire Wolds, offers an interesting veterinary caseload and quality of life for all our team.
For new and recent graduates:
• We are a RCVS Approved graduate development practice. All new graduates have a Vet GDP adviser dedicated to help your progression towards a happy in-practice existence.
• Our talented veterinary team includes Certificate holders who are happy to teach new skills and discuss cases, providing comprehensive clinical support whenever required.
• Starting salary from £32,000 per year
• Rent-free modern accommodation away from main surgery if required.
• RCVS, VDS and BSAVA membership paid.
• 5 paid days of funded CPD worth over £5,000 per annum
These benefits bring the total benefits package for a new graduate to around £44,000 p.a.
More experienced vets receive salary according to their level of experience and have additional help to advance their skills:
• For certificate candidates, after passing the probationary period, we offer fully funded certificate study with all course attendance in work time so your work/life equilibrium is not upset. This equates to over £16,000 including course fees and ten days paid CPD leave per year. We ask only that you stay in the practice for a calendar year after receiving your certificate.
• The practice also supports and funds Advanced Certificates, Advanced Veterinary practitioner modules and Post graduate Diplomas. For further information about our career development package see https://www.abbeyvetcentregrimsby.co.uk/careers/
Our practice is wonderfully equipped to provide the very best standards of veterinary medicine and surgery.
• Superbly equipped premises with in-house MRI and CT suites, cutting-edge ultrasound, endoscopy, arthroscopy and digital (DR) radiography with PACS.
• No targets or rigid treatment protocols. Clients are attracted by our clinical decision making and great communication skills, not our ability to meet sales targets.
• Seven weeks annual leave with an additional two days off to make a long weekend following any weekend worked so you can have a life outside work.
We’d love to speak with you and answer any questions you may have. To arrange to speak with one of our vets, please send your number and a time when you will be free to chat to [email protected] or call and ask reception on 01472 362821 to pass on your details.Vetsure Clinic Link