|Your main responsibility is to carry out first opinion small animal veterinary work, including consultations, diagnostics, investigations, surgical procedures and inpatient. You will have the opportunity to manage your own clinical cases from start to finish and you will be working in a hospital environment with access to an extensive range of diagnostic and surgical equipment (including a full in-house IDEXX Laboratory). The practice is like no other, we have state of the art equipment and everything has been purpose built to make your job as simple and straight forward as possible.
• Must be a Member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Small animal experience is a must
• UK driving licence is desirable but not essential
• Must have basic independent soft tissue surgery experience (spays, castrations)
• General clinical and surgical work, as directed by the Head Veterinary Surgeon or director, in accordance with daily rotas
• Participate in out of hours veterinary surgeons’ rota
• Adhere to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional conduct
• Comply with Health and Safety and COSHH policies
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical treatment records
• Maintain and develop own clinical skills through continuing professional
You will work 40 hours per week. You will participate in an out of hours rota that includes
weekends and bank holidays. 5:7 or 4:7 on biweekly rotation, 2 OOH on call.
Continuing professional development is supported and encouraged through the provision of an allowance and time off.
Regular clinical discussion and sharing of best practice within the team is encouraged.
• Extremely competitive salary with regular pay increases.
• Freedom and support of a multicultural/ multi background team. ALL IDEAS WELCOME!
• Commission structure for Out of Hours work.
• Accommodation available immediately.
• Brand new top spec clinic and equipment. Being independent, we are not confided by corporate budgetary constraints.
• Genuine family environment, every day has its challenges, but we pride ourselves on being able to rely on each other to make the working day enjoyable.
• Funded RCVS membership
• Onsite 24-hour lab
• Usual VDS & RCVS subs plus generous CPD allowance and workplace pension.