We’re recruiting because we are growing (growing our existing surgeries and opening new surgeries).
We’re a happy, progressive first opinion practice, developing our own centres of excellence within each surgery so that we can internally refer our patients, thereby offering them the best care whilst in a familiar environment.
Our centres of excellence are being built around our vets’ clinical interests, funding post graduate courses and/or investing in the right equipment; and our investment decisions are quick and simple, given we are an independent practice. As recent examples:
• We’ve invested in a 128 slice CT scanner and digital xray at Rotherham to support the work of our orthopaedic surgeons and AP.
• We’ve recently installed a dental xray and created a double dental theatre at Lincoln for a vet who has a passion for dentistry and is driving the quality of our dental care.
We’re now particularly keen to recruit experienced Vets for Doncaster and Barnsley to help us shape these surgeries into centres of excellence.
Here’s the link to our website, which is the best place to find out about The Pet Vet www.thepetvet.co.uk. In addition, our recruitment website www.https://thepetvetcareers provides loads of rich content about working life at The Pet Vet.
At The Pet Vet, we have so much to offer our vets:
• The Pet Vet is an independent, values-led veterinary group in South Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, offering exceptional care in the communities it serves. We are a knowledgeable team that is passionate about helping pets have long, happy and healthy lives with their families. Everyone has a shared passion for putting our customers (and their humans!) first. We work hard, we work together, and we care. The Pet Vet is a very dynamic & happy place to work and colleagues that join us are the best!
• Our state-of-the-art surgeries are light, airy and equipped with the latest technology. Here’s the link to our tour of TPV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tym42RrfRRg
• Our surgeries have stylish, fully-furnished apartments which are available for vets to use if relocating whilst they find their own private accommodation.
• We offer market-leading salaries, with at least 6 monthly pay reviews. In addition, we offer a recognition scheme, which typically pays £1500-£3500 per quarter, depending on personal turnover. We also have a number of discretionary benefits, such as profit share, salary-sacrifice electric company car scheme, holiday buy-back and funded voluntary work overseas.
• All our vets have the opportunity to consult and operate each day. There is no sole charge and no scheduled out of hours requirements.
Our surgeries are ideally located as a base:
• For city-lovers, we’re easily commutable from Leeds, Sheffield and Lincoln;
• For those that enjoy the outdoors, we’re on the fringes of the Derbyshire Peak District, Yorkshire countryside and the Lincolnshire Wolds.
• Leeds-Bradford, Doncaster and East Midlands airports are less than an hour’s drive.
If you’d like to talk to us about the opportunities to join The Pet Vet family, please email [email protected]
If you are interested in applying for the position please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected].